I have a subscription to Budget Travel online and enjoy their daily lists. Below is one list that intrigued me, and as I was looking at it I realized how many of these tourist traps I’d actually been to myself. Mind you I’m not completely comfortable admitting being to so many of the world’s tourist traps! On the other hand, I realize how fortunate I am. Many of these places I saw with my mother on our many trips together, some with my former husband on vacations, some with friends, some on solo trips.
Seattle, New Orleans, and Ireland I visited on work trips – some, like the US Capital, on two separate school trips with my children to Washington, DC.
Of the four I have not visited, I’m hoping to go to Ankor Wat next year, before it becomes more of a tourist trap. Rio de Janeiro is on my short list, as is Ayers Rock in Australia,…. Graceland, is further down on my list.
Places I’ve been to over my lifetime….
1. Great Wall of China
2. Eiffel Tower, Paris
3. Leaning Tower of Piza, Piza Italy
4. Versailles, France
5. Acropolis, Athens
6. Café du Monde, New Orleans
7. Chichen Itza, Mexico
8. Blarney Castle, Ireland
9. US Capitol Building, Washington DC
10. Hawaii Luau, Oahu or Kauai
11. Gondola, Venice
12. Colosseum, Rome
13. Statue of Liberty, New York
14. Trevi Fountain, Rome
15. Pyramids, Egypt
16. Stonehenge, England
17. Double decker tourist buses Barcelona, Spain
18. Tower of London
19. Sound of Music tour Salzburg, Austria
20. Space Needle Seattle
21. Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin
Haven’t visited… yet.
1. Graceland, Memphis TN
2. Ayers Rock, Ulura, Australia
3. Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro
4. Ankor Wat, Cambodia