Lima to Boston – It’s been a great trip


Time to return Home.Its been a great trip


Tuesday, July 16

Long trek home. Awake at 5:00 am for 6:00 am for the departure to Lima Airport. The Hotel Libertador Lima was kind enough to lay out an early continental breakfast for our group.

Lima Airport

Lima airport was a zoo for so early in the morning but Gate One was there to help us drop off luggage at LAN, we already had our boarding passes. I passed through security quickly, then it was the airport-wander for 2 hours before departure. Lima airport is even more expensive than average so I recommend getting airplane snacks outside the airport. Also, don’t bother buying water for the plane because they will confiscate it at the gate as you board (who knew!) This is water bought after the security checkpoint by the way. Some TSA is drinking my unopened $3.00 bottle of water. There is no warning of this.

LAN airline, I would use them again but  Miami Airport grrrrrrrr!

LAN was quite good, nice plane, a decent meal, pleasant flight crew, blankets and pillows without a cost! I’d fly them again if I had the chance. We landed in Miami airport on schedule, collected our luggage, went through customs and immigration and I started the long trek with suitcases through Miami airport to the American check-in counters. I really dislike Miami airport! Too large and too few signs, sigh.

Leaving new Friends

It feels strange to be back in the US, last night I was eating dinner at the Huaca Pugllana overlooking the ruins of an Incan culture about which I learned a lot about over the past 12 days. I ate ceviche, pink trout, a lovely chocolate meringue dessert and drank Chilian wine with my new friends Ellen and Barry, Mike and Ellie, Felicity, Paul and Rita, Jo, Mary, Lou and Martha and of course our “wyqui” Edgar. I’ll miss them and the lovely Peruvian people.

Back to reality

Fortunately, my luck was still with me and my Boston flight left on schedule. Arriving at Logan airport about 11:00 pm I boarded the bus to take me the 45 minutes to where I’d left my car – there my luck tottered a bit. Driving out of the lot I discovered my two front tires were low and noisy. Evidently sitting outside in the unusually hot temperatures of the last two weeks had taken its toll. After a gas station stop to fill and check my tires I arrived home a little after 1 AM.   A few hours sleep before reporting in for work! Back to reality.


I'm in my sixties with the world at my feet and thoughts mostly of "where to next?". I retired in 2017, sold my house in Massachusetts and most of my furniture and "stuff." When not traveling you can find me in Florida in the winter and Rhode Island in the summer. Travel has been a passion from a young age, over the years I've discovered I'm a traveler, not a tourist. I prefer traveling solo, with a travel friend, or small groups. Whenever possible I would rather spend time in one place rather than moving around. I'll never turn down an opportunity to go to France, but my travels have taken me all over the world. I've met some incredible people and had some fantastic experiences.

No Comments

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.